Health and Wellness
The primary theme running through this exposé of the fast food industry concerns health issues caused by inadequate or tainted food. The United States now has one of the highest rates of obesity in the world, mostly because of the eating habits of Americans who are attracted to fast food restaurants. The food tastes good, but it is loaded with salt, fat, and sugar. But not just the burgers and fries are to blame. Schlosser also points his finger at soft drinks, which are being consumed in larger and larger cup sizes.
(The entire page is 393 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE