One of the main focuses in Schlosser’s book is the effect of fast food on children, especially the advertising that is used to lure children into the restaurants. Dan Acuff, along with Robert H. Reiher, has written What Kids Buy and Why: The Psychology of Marketing to Kids (1997), which provides an insider view and deeper understanding of how advertising affects children.
George Ritzer wrote The McDonaldization of Society: An Investigation Into the Changing Character of Contemporary Social Life (1996), which influenced some of Schlosser’s writing. For more...
(The entire page is 286 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE