The most prominently featured person in Fast Food Nation is the book’s narrator, author, and investigative reporter. This is of course Eric Schlosser.
Other significant figures included in the story are the founders of the fast food industry, people such as Carl Karcher, who copied the McDonald brothers’ model of fast food service and then opened his own chain, Carl’s Jr. Then there are the McDonald brothers themselves, Richard and Maurice, who gave the world the concept of fast food before turning over the development of the chain to Ray Kroc, who took it to a whole...
(The entire page is 273 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE