In the following viewpoint,Yale Kamisar discusses why he believes people support assisted suicide, and he explains why he finds popular pro-euthanasia arguments unconvincing. Kamisar contends that voluntary euthanasia cannot be safely regulated and that, if legalized, it cannot reasonably be limited to the terminally ill. Moreover, he maintains that even if euthanasia might help some terminally ill patients, it should still remain illegal because legalizing it would pressure others to choose suicide. Yale Kamisar is a professor at the University of Michigan Law School in Ann Arbor....
(The entire page is 3783 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE