Gerald A. Larue is a professor of religion at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles and the author of several books, including Playing God: 50 Religions’Views on Your Right to Die, from which the following viewpoint was excerpted. In it, he argues that legalized euthanasia would not be abused by the government because the American people would not allow it. In a democracy, Larue maintains, individuals are free to speak out against unjust practices, and leaders who abuse their power can be removed from office. Therefore, writes the author, claims that euthanasia...
(The entire page is 3461 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE