About the author: Betsy Reed is the coeditor of Real World International and a former coeditor of Dollars and Sense, a bimonthly magazine concerning economic issues.
Late in the fall of 1997, some 600 business leaders—including CEOs, marketing directors, and investors in some of the nation’s largest corporations— gathered at the Sheraton Grande, a giant nonunion conference center in downtown L.A., for the fifth annual meeting of an organization called Business for Social Responsibility. BSR started out as a small network of...
(The entire page is 1218 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE