At a glance:
- Author: Manuel Puig
- First Published: 1980
- Type of Work: Novel
- Time of Work: Winter, 1977-1978
- Setting: Greenwich Village, New York
- Characters: Juan José Ramirez, Lawrence John (Larry)
- Genres: Long fiction, Novel
- Subjects: 1970's, New York, Memory, Prisoners, Homosexuality or homosexuals, Sex or sexuality, Twentieth century, Fantasy, Argentina or Argentineans, Amnesia
- Locales: New York, NY, Greenwich Village, United States, North America
Manuel Puig was born and reared in Argentina, studied film direction in Rome and worked as an assistant director there. He has lived in a number of world capitals, and currently resides in New York. Eternal Curse on the Reader of These Pages is Puig’s fifth novel. Unlike his previous novels, it was written in English, then translated into Spanish and published as Maldicion eterna a quien lea estas paginas in 1980. The published English text was based upon both the original, unpublished English version and the Spanish text. In short, Puig represents a new...
(The entire page is 2043 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE