1. What is Mrs. Weston’s response to the secret engagement?
2. What is Emma’s response?
3. What is Emma’s concern for the family that was to employ Jane?
4. Why does Emma blush when the name Dixon is uttered?
5. What is Emma referring to with her quote, “the world is not their’s, nor the world’s law?”
6. Why do Mr. Knightley’s prophetic words, “Emma, you have been no friend to Harriet Smith” haunt her?
7. What other mistake did Emma make when she assumed Harriet and she were talking about Frank...
(The entire page is 653 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE