Article abstract: Einstein publishes his Special Theory of Relativity and demonstrates the inadequacy of Newtonian physics to explain key experimental results, thus inaugurating an era of revolutionary change in physical theory.
Summary of Event
Albert Einstein, born at Ulm in Germany in 1989, showed early precocity in mathematics and the natural sciences. After receiving a doctoral degree, he held several unsuccessful teaching posts before becoming examiner of patents at the Swiss Patent Office in Berne. He devoted his spare time to theoretical...
(The entire page is 1479 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE