Moods and Maybes
By the middle of the week after Halloween, the original "Egyptians" finally receive permission to play outside in the neighborhood again. The timing is perfect; Toby has been grounded for a few days for ruining his box-man costume, so he and Ken will not be able to come until Friday. Anxious to spend at least one day in Egypt without the newcomers, April, Melanie, and Elizabeth pick Marshall up from his nursery school immediately after class and hurry over to the Professor's storage yard. The sense of happy anticipation surrounding the occasion is...
(The entire page is 898 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE