At a glance:
- Author: Edward Thomas
Other literary forms
Although Edward Thomas is remembered today as a poet, throughout his working life, he supported himself and his family by writing various sorts of prose. He always considered himself to be a writer, and the lasting tragedy of his life was that he never seemed able, until the outbreak of World War I, to buy enough time to devote himself to the art of writing as he obviously wished to do. Ironically, the war in which he died also provided him with the structured, organized environment and the freedom from financial anxiety that enabled him to produce the work...
(The entire page is 2896 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE
Popular QuestionsSee all »
- Write a critical appreciation of the poem "As the Team's Head-Brass" by the poet Edward Thomas.
- Analyse the poem "The Cherry Trees" by Edward Thomas. Please include themes, symbols, style, poetic...
- Please analyse the poem "Tears" by Edward Thomas.
- What are the main themes of the poem "March" by Edward Thomas?
- Write the summary of the poem 'As the team's head brass' by the poet Edward Thomas.