Jack Loeffler (essay date spring 1993)
SOURCE: Loeffler, Jack. “Edward Abbey, Anarchism and the Environment.” Western American Literature 28, no. 1 (spring 1993): 43-49.
[In the following essay, Loeffler offers a personal remembrance of Abbey's contribution to literature and environmentalism.]
One time, Ed Abbey and I were talking about an upcoming election. Ed said to me, “I'm a registered anarchist.”
I asked him, “How long have you been a registered anarchist?”
Ed said “Oh, about 5000 years. In the realm of ideal...
(The entire page is 2832 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE