Self-proclaimed education experts blame low student performance on everything except themselves. They often cite the lack of funds and parental involvement, or social factors, for the decline in American public education.
ALTERNATIVES FOR HOMEWORK?
I teach at a public middle school that is predominantly black in inner-city Houston, Texas. Recently, I suggested to our school’s dean of instruction that we require our seventh grade students to turn in all homework typed. Even though many of our students do not have typewriters or computers at home, we could make the...
(The entire page is 1048 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE