- Dates of predominance
- Name variations, pronunciation, and origins
- Important sites
- Arts and sciences
- For More Information
An empire is a vast, complex political unit extending across political boundaries and dominated by one central power. To varying degrees, the dominant power takes control of the economy, government, and culture in communities throughout its empire. The Wari (pronounced wah-REE) empire and the Tiwanaku (pronounced tee-wah-NAH-coo) empire...
(The entire page is 5023 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE