- Dates of predominance
- Name variations and pronunciation
- Important sites
- Government and religion
- Arts and sciences
- For More Information
The Moche (pronounced MO-chay) people unified a section of the northern coastal area of the Central Andes region, spreading a unique culture. It is believed that the Moche imposed strict political and administrative rule upon outlying regions, governing through local headquarters or capitals. The Moche prospered for several hundred years by skillfully manipulating scarce water...
(The entire page is 5930 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE