- Dates of predominance
- Name variations and pronunciation
- Chavín de Huántar
- Arts and sciences
- For More Information
Chavín de Huántar (pronounced chah-VEEN deh WAHN-tar) probably does not fit the definition of a true city in the eyes of most scholars, but at this ancient bustling ceremonial center (citylike center usually run by priests and rulers, in which people from surrounding areas gather to practice the ceremonies of their religion, often at large temples and...
(The entire page is 5236 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE