- The Dragon Can't Dance (Masterplots II: African American Literature, Revised Edition)
- The Wine of Astonishment (Masterplots II: African American Literature, Revised Edition)
- The Dragon Can't Dance (Masterplots II: British and Commonwealth Fiction Series)
- The Wine of Astonishment (Masterplots II: British and Commonwealth Fiction Series)
- Shoemaker Arnold (Masterplots II: Short Story Series, Revised Edition)
- The Caribbean Novel (Critical Survey of Long Fiction, Fourth Edition)
At a glance:
- Author: Earl Lovelace
Other literary forms
Earl Lovelace is primarily a novelist, but he has also published poetry and short stories, some of which have appeared in the West Indian magazines Voices and Tempo. In addition, beginning with The New Boss (pr. 1962), he has had several plays produced, including Jestina’s Calypso (pr. 1978), the musical drama My Name Is Village (pr. 1976), and The New Hardware Store (pr. 1980). A collection of his short stories, A Brief Conversion, and Other Stories, was published in 1988. He lectures...
(The entire page is 2841 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE