- Shanley's best-known work is his screenplay for the movie Moonstruck. His 1994 two-person play Danny and the Deep Blue Sea (2000) has a similar romantic appeal. It is available in Thirteen by Shanley.
- At the same time that Doubt was being performed on Broadway, Martin McDonagh's play The Pillowman (2004) was also running. The play is a hypnotic, Kafkaesque story of a writer who is interrogated by authorities in a fictitious authoritarian state for the similarities between incidents in his stories and a recent spree of child murders.
(The entire page is 259 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE