1. Does Torvald think that Nora is responsible with money?
2. What has made Mrs. Linde’s life difficult since she last saw Nora?
3. Why did the Helmers travel to Italy for a year?
4. Why does Krogstad have the ability to blackmail Nora?
5. Is Torvald likely to listen to his wife and keep Krogstad employed at the bank?
1. Torvald thinks that Nora is a spendthrift who does not know the value of money. According to him, she is always frittering money away on nonessentials.
(The entire page is 286 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE