Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Writers' workshop rubrics
Excerpt From this Document
Writer’s Workshop Progress Report
1. Writes during designated time.
2. Uses constructive strategies for getting drafts started.
3. Takes the conference period seriously.
a. Is willing to help classmates by listening to their drafts
b. Realizes other children may have meaningful suggestions.
4. Shows growth in understanding of the difference between revising and editing.
- quite a bit
- very little
5. Uses the support systems in the classroom (e.g. manuals, spelling sheets, dictionaries)
6. Views revision as part of a healthy writing progress.
- at times
7. Actively participates during share time.
- almost always
- on occasion
- almost never
1. Published writing for the quarter
- two stories published - or one story and two poems (A = 5)
- one story published and another with revising but not in final form (B = 4)
- one story published (C = 3)
- no story published - may have a journey sheet (D = 2)
- no attempt made at publishing (N = 0)
- Understands and demonstrates extensive revision (A = 5)
- Understands and does much revision (B = 4)
- Understands and attempted some revision (C = 3)
- Little evidence of revision or understanding (D = 2)
- No revision attempted (N = 0)
- Published piece has perfect spelling, grammar and punctuation (A = 5)
- One or two errors in spelling, punctuation, or grammar (B = 4)
- Several errors in spelling, punctuation, or grammar (C = 3)
- Many errors in spelling, punctuation, or grammar (D = 2)
- No attempt to correct errors. (N = 0)
4. Daily writing
- 10 pages or more of writing in folder (A = 5)
- At least 10 pages of writing in folder (B = 4)
- 8-10 pages of writing in folder (C = 3)
- 5 - 8 pages of writing in folder (D = 2)
- less than 5 pages of writing for quarter (N = 0)
5. Follows procedures writes during Quiet Writing Time
- Writes for full time (A = 5)
- Writes for most of the time (B = 4)
- Writes for half of the time (C = 3)
- Spends most of time in other activities (D = 2)
- Makes no attempt at writing (N = 0)
6. Uses Forms Journey sheet Editing Sheet Daily Log
- Fills out forms completely and carefully (A = 5)
- Mostly fills out forms (B = 4)
- Has many blanks on forms (C = 3)
- Form maybe missing (D = 2)
- No attempt made to follow or use forms (N = 0)
7. Keeps folder in neat and orderly fashion
- Papers are dated and in the right order and side of the folder (A = 5)
- Papers are mostly dated and in order and in the right place (B = 4)
- No attempt has been made to keep folder orderly (N = 0)
TOTAL Circle grade
- 35 - 33 = A
- 32 - 28 = B
- 27 - 21 = C
- 20 - 15 = D
- 14 and below=N
About this Document
Upper elementary grading rubrics for writers' workshops.