Excerpt From this Document
What to do during Quiet Writing Time
- Get out all supplies, WW Folder, sharpen pencils before Quiet Writing Time begins.
- Remain seated at your desk.
- Raise your hand if you have a question.
- Do your own work quietly. NO TALKING or Disturbing Others
Writing I can do during Quiet Writing Time.
- I can add to my list of topics.
- I can brainstorm a new list of topics.
- I can begin a new draft.
- I can improve or add to a draft.
- I can underline words I have misspelled.
Student Responsibilities for Writer’s Workshop
- I will publish three pieces of writing each quarter.
- I will produce 15 pages of original writing each quarter.
- I will fill out my writing log every day.
- I will fill out a Journey Sheet for every published piece.
- I will complete and hand in the writing skills work on time.
- I will request to conference with the teacher in a timely fashion before the last week of the quarter.
- I will use Conference Time wisely with the goal of producing finished work.
About this Document
Upper elementary guidelines to a constructive writers' workshop.