Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Exercises & Activities
Using Capitalization II
Excerpt From this Document
USING CAPITALIZATION Part II
- Capitalize titles of persons (when part of a name).
- Capitalize the titles of works (first word, last word, all important words).
- Capitalize the first word of every sentence, including quoted sentences.
- Capitalize the first word in every line of poetry.
DIRECTIONS: Circle each letter that should be capitalized.
- president obama nominated senator hillary rodham clinton to head thestate department.
- listen, my children, and you shall hear of the midnight ride of paul revere.
- aunt agnes said, “if you can’t come tomorrow, just call uncle james.”
- The queen of england, queen elizabeth II, will open Parliament next week.
- The president of the united states ill not be attending the state funeral due to domestic emergencies.
- the wind in the willows will be the featured book for next month’s clubmeeting.
- hamlet is about the prince of denmark and his tragic life.
- how soon hath Time, the subtle thief of yout, stolen on his wing my three and twentieth year!
- the kansas city star will feature the accident as a lead story in tomorrow’s paper.
- doctor perkins is currently in guatemala in a clinic in the small villages that dot the country.
- the importance of being earnest is probably Oscar Wilde’s most famousplay.
- swimming along the white sands along the gulf of mexico has a specialappeal for my uncle joe.
- President Obama nominated Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton to head the state department.
- Listen, my children, and you shall hear
- Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere.
- Aunt Agnes said, “If you can’t come tomorrow, just call Uncle James.”
- The queen of England, Queen Elizabeth II, will open Parliament nextweek.
- The President of the United States will not be attending the state funeral due to domestic emergencies.
- The Wind in the Willows will be the featured book for next month’s clubmeeting.
- Hamlet is about the prince of Denmark and his tragic life.
- How soon hath Time, the subtle thief of youth, Stolen on his wing my three and twentieth year!
- The Kansas City Star will feature the accident as a lead story intomorrow’s paper.
- Doctor Perkins is currently in Guatemala in a clinic in the small villagesthat dot the country.
- The Importance of Being Earnest is probably Oscar Wild’s most famousplay.
- Swimming along the white sands along the Gulf of Mexico has a specialappeal for my Uncle Joe.
About this Document
An exercise in proofreading for correct capitalization of titles of people and works, quotations, and poetry.