Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Exercises & Activities
Using Capitalization I
Excerpt From this Document
USING CAPITALIZATION Part I
- Capitalize proper nouns and proper adjectives.
- Capitalize common nouns and adjectives only when part of a proper name.
DIRECTIONS: Circle each letter that should be capitalized.
- granite peak is the tallest mountain in montana, rising 12,799 feet above sea level.
- The san juan island national historical park honors the settlement of the border dispute between the united states, canada, and great britain.
- jason lived in jamestown, virginia, before moving to charleston.
- While visiting mexico city, you will want to visit the zoo and the amusement area in chapultepec park.
- Each year the northland high school honor club holds a special meeting on the first Monday in may.
- No language called swiss is spoken is switzerland.
- The local chapter of the daughters of the american revolution will be hosting a scholarship contest again this april.
- With the money she saved, she bought a schwinn bicycle for her birthday.
- The african-american scientist, benjamin banneker, worked on the original survey of washington, d. c.
- The location of hilton college in new england made it the perfect venue for the northeast flower society festival.
- This year’s vacation to australia leaves only antarctica as the last continent for him to visit.
- The american royal parade route will go down sixteenth street to marion boulevard.
- The battle of westport was a major conflict in the trans-mississippi theater of the civil war.
- The spring fling will be held at the elms hotel, though many people wanted to hold it at oak grove park.
- Granite Peak is the tallest mountain in Montana, rising 12,799 feet above sea level.
- The San Juan Island National Historical Park honors the settlement of the border dispute between the United States, Canada, and Great Britain.
- Jason lived in Jamestown, Virginia, before moving to Charleston.
- While visiting Mexico City, you will want to visit the zoo and the amusement area in Chapultepec Park.
- Each year the Northland High School Honor Club holds a special meeting on the first Monday in May.
- No language called Swiss is spoken is Switzerland.
- The local chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution will be hosting a scholarship contest again this April.
- With the money she saved, she bought a Schwinn bicycle for her birthday.
- The African-American scientist, Benjamin Banneker, worked on the original survey of Washington, D. C.
- The location of Hilton College in New England made it the perfect venue for the Northeast Flower Society Festival.
- This year’s vacation to Australia leaves only Antarctica as the last continent for him to visit.
- The American Royal Parade route will go down Sixteenth Street to Marion Boulevard.
- The Battle of Westport was a major conflict in the Trans-Mississippitheater of the Civil War.
- The Spring Fling will be held at the Elms Hotel, though many peoplewanted to hold it at Oak Grove Park.
About this Document
A quick exercise in proofreading for capitalization in proper nouns and proper adjectives.