Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
A Time to Kill Test
Excerpt From this Document
- Mr. Marsharfsky comes to check on Carl Lee and is working diligently on his case.
- Jake calls Lester concerned when Carl Lee fires him.
- Carla doesn't want her husband to work on the Hailey case.
- Cat Bruster gives Carl Lee money to take care of his kids.
- Jake was Lester's lawyer in a previous case.
- Jake holds a press conference to introduce the Hailey family, talk about the family, and gain sympathy.
- Carl Lee gets several death threats while he is in jail.
- Carl Lee came within one vote of not being indicted in front of the Grand Jury.
- Officer DeWayne Looney is shot by Carl Lee and his leg has to be amputated.
- Carl Lee visits Looney in the hospital and apologizes to him.
- Stan Atcavage won't lend Lester and Carl Lee any money for the trial.
- Jake requests a change of venue, but knows it is pointless except that if he loses the case he can protest saying that Carl Lee was denied a fair trial.
- Lucien works in Jake's office as a lawyer.
- Carl Lee isn't treated well in jail.
- Carl Lee has a chance to try and explain his actions to his family before he is arrested.
- Carl Lee hides in a restroom of the courthouse one evening when it closed so he could study the building's layout.
- Jake often goes to Lucien for advice.
- Lucien finds Jake a doctor to testify in Carl Lee's favor.
- Mr. Reinfeld of the NAACP come to visit Carl Lee to offer their defense services.
- Carl Lee turns down Mr. Reinfeld in order to keep Jake as his lawyer.
- Someone calls the sheriff's office to report that Jake's house is going to be blown up one night.
- Ozzie and his men catch a man trying to plant dynamite at Jake's house.
- Jake sends his wife and daughter to stay at his in-laws house after someone tries to blow up his house.
- Jake's secretary, Ethel, and her husband are harassed by the clan.
- Harry Rex usually specializes in divorce cases.
- Jake hires Ellen Roark to clean the office.
- Harry Rex, Lucien, Ellen Roark, and Stan Atcavage help Jake choose the jurors they need.
- There aren't very many people outside the courthouse gathered in support of Carl Lee--only people gathered to protest against him.
- Someone shoots at Jake outside the courthouse one day.
- Jake's expert psychiatrist had a spotless record that Buckley couldn't find a flaw in.
- The Klan attacks Ellen Roark.
- Jake goes to thank one of the jurors Wanda Womack after winning the trial.
- Jake fears at one point that Lucien paid a juror.
About this Document
47 True/False and Matching questions to check comprehension and retention of facts