Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Exercises & Activities
Thomas More's Utopia - Essay Assignment
Excerpt From this Document
Choose three (3) of the major issues discussed in Utopia. You MUST discuss either the Utopian moral philosophy OR the Utopian love of learning and then choose two more from the following:
- The argument between More / Giles and Hythloday on whether or not a philosopher (or educated and experienced man) should offer his services to the throne
- Utopian work habits
- Social and business relations
- Travel and trade
- Opinions regarding gold and silver
- Care of the sick/dying
- Marriage customs
- Foreign relations/Warfare
You MAY write on BOTH the Utopian moral philosophy and their love of learning and then choose ONE from the above list, if you choose, but you must write on at least one or the other of the two (moral philosophy or love of learning).
- Addressing one issue at a time, you will compare and contrast the Utopian ideals to presentday society recognizing AT LEAST three (3) similarities and three (3) differences for EACH issue.
- You do NOT need to research for this assignment. You may use your personal experiences and your common knowledge to provide examples for the similarities and differences found within present-day society. You may cite outside sources if you choose to. (This is looked upon favorably.)
- You MUST cite specific examples within Utopia to defend your analysis/comparison. You will then need a Works Cited page that includes the book listed in proper MLA format.
About this Document
This assignment was created for standard seniors when they completed Utopia outside of class. It is an easily modified assignment sheet for the students with full details regarding requirements (both content and logistics). Will need to have due dates edited to suit your needs.