Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Excerpt From this Document
- If your best friend were a color, what color would s/he be? Why?
- If your name (or you, personally) were a color, what color would you be? Why?
- If music were a color, what color would your favorite song be?
- What color would country music be?
- What color would punk rock be?
- What color would jazz be?
- What taste or smell is associated with the following colors:
- If the following days of the week were given personalities, what would they be?
- What colors are associated with the following months?
- What texture and color is associated with the following sounds:
Opening a can of soda
- What do the following words taste, smell and/or feel like?
- What color and/or personality do the following letters or number evoke?
- How easy was this exercise for you? Were you able to come up with an answer easily or did you have to think for a while? Which of the exercises was the easiest? Which was the hardest? Was this interesting for you? (Please use complete sentences.)
- How can this (synesthesia) help you in your writing, specifically descriptive writing?
About this Document
After discussing a PowerPoint on the different types of synesthesia (perceiving one sensory stimulus with a different sense--like, seeing music as color or tasting spoken words), I have the students try their hands at it. It helps with descriptive writing.