Excerpt From this Document
- What is the setting of the novel? a.) Chicago, Illinois, b.) Syracuse, New York c.) Bangor, Maine d.) Al Paso, Texas
- Which is NOT a conflict Melinda goes through in this novel so far? a.) Man vs. Self b.) Man vs. Man c.) Man vs. Nature d.) Man vs. Society
- Which of the following best describes Melinda’s family situation? a.) Melinda has a large family that does not speak a great deal because of its size. b.) Melinda has a small, tight-knit family. c.) Melinda has a large family that spends a great deal of time together. d.) Melinda has a small family that does not speak a great deal, and does not communicate well when it does.
- I am a girl who desperately wants to be accepted.
- I am a girl who has a sarcastic sense of humor to help deal with life’s difficulties.
- I am a teacher who bullies my students.
- I am a very intelligent teen who stands up for what I believe in.
- I am an artistic teen who is afraid of clowns.
Short Essay - Answer these questions in 5 to 7 sentences.
- What is the difference between a loner and an outcast? Which is Melinda? Explain.
- Choose one of the characters from the novel. Explain why that character is either a round or a flat character.
About this Document
A combination multiple choice and short answer quiz over marking periods one and two for Laruie Halse Anderson's Speak.