Excerpt From this Document
Fill in the blank
- A person who studies space is called a(n) ________________.
- We have seasons because the Earth’s axis is ______________.
- The constellation known as the bull is called _______________.
- Light travels at this speed __________________________.
- The distance light travels in one year is called a ____________ _____.
- Our galaxy is called the ______________ ________________.
- When the Northern Hemisphere is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences ____________________.
- It takes this long for the Earth to rotate on its axis __________.
- A __________ is a star that has collapsed into such dense matter that light cannot escape it.
- A ______________ is an exploding star.
Match the terms to their definitions
- The closest star to our sun
- Billions of stars that travel together
- Constellation known as the hunter
- Galaxy similar to our own
- The furthest planet from the sun
- This occurs when the moon passes between Earth and the sun
- A. Elclipse B. Pluto C. Galaxy D. Orion E. Andromeda F. Proxima Centauri
- Explain the difference between revolution and rotation. (Use your best handwriting and be sure to punctuate correctly).
About this Document
This sheet can be used as a test or a study guide.