Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Siddhartha AP Teaching Unit
Excerpt From this Document
- analyze the characters of Govinda, Kamala, and Vasudeva and explain how these supporting characters help develop the protagonist.
- trace the development of Siddhartha’s character, making note of how and why he changes in his journey toward Nirvana.
- analyze the structure of the story and how it influences the plot.
- analyze the story from a Jungian perspective—identifying the influence of Jungian theory on the text.
- discuss the symbols in the story.
- identify autobiographical elements in the text.
- analyze the text as a Quest novel.
- identify and analyze water as a major theme and extended metaphor.
- analyze how the elements of the Hindu religion affect the development of the story.
- analyze how the elements of Buddhism affect the development of the story.
- analyze the literary elements in the story and how they affect the story.
About this Document
You no longer have to choose between "teaching the work" or "teaching to the test." Prestwick House Advanced Placement Teaching Units allow you to do both. Prestwick House AP Teaching Units meet the rigorous demands of the Advanced Placement class, with detailed study guides that focus on the types of literary knowledge students will have to demonstrate on their AP exams. AP Teaching Units feature sharply focused multiple-choice and free-response focusing on those facets of literature that appear on the test each year.