Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Sense and Sensibility Teaching Unit
Excerpt From this Document
- Describe both Elinor and Marianne and show how each grows and changes through the course of the novel. Are they static or dynamic?
- Why do the Dashwood women leave Norland and go far away to live at Barton cottage?
- Describe their brother, Mr. John Dashwood, and his wife Fanny with respect to how they deal with the promise John makes on his father’s deathbed.
- Name several of the minor characters that the Dashwood women become surrounded by through the novel. Choose three and show how each is important to advancing the plot and revealing the sisters’ personalities.
- How does Marianne meet Willoughby? Trace the development of their romance.
- How does Elinor meet Edward Ferrars? Trace the development of their romance.
- People in that era of England visited each other far more often than we visit each other today. Choose two of the most important visits in the novel, describe each briefly, and explain why they are important to the plot.
- Why do you think Austen lets her readers see that Edward wears a ring with a strand of hair in it?
- Cutting locks of hair is important to two other characters, as well. Who are they and why is it important to them?
About this Document
A teaching unit and individual learning packet from Prestwick House. Includes the following: comprehensive chapter-by-chapter study guides for students; questions suitable for essay topics or discussion; vocabulary lists; multiple-choice and essay test with answer key; introductory material from Prestwick House to familiarize both students and teachers with the work.