Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Tests & Quizzes
Romiette and Julio Quiz 4 of 4
Excerpt From this Document
Romiette and Julio
Chapters 45 to end
- Combine the following sentences the best way possible to maintain correct grammar rules AND meaning: “Romiette disappeared after her mom left for work. Julio disappeared after going to Romiette’s house.” a. “Julio went to Romiette’s house, they both disappeared after Romiette’s mom left for work.” b. “Julio went to Romiette’s house, and both teenagers disappeared sometime after Romiette’s mom left for work.” c. “Romiette disappeared after her mom left work, and Julio disappeared after going to Romiette’s house.” d. “Romiette disappeared after Julio came to her house and Romiette’s mom left for work.”
- Identify what the following sentence contains: “And then he grew up, determined not to be afraid of anything.” a. A comma splice (and therefore a murder) b. Alliteration c. Personification d. No error
- Identify what the following sentences contain: “We are taking you to view the young people we arrested. We just want to know if you recognize any of them.” a. Personification b. Irony c. Comma Splice d. Verb Tense Shift
- Who does Romiette’s father initially blame for the disappearance of his daughter? a. Julio’s parents b. Romiette c. The gang d. Romiette’s mother (for leaving them alone)
- Who were the first to “make nice” (become friends)? a. The fathers of Romiette and Julio b. Malaka and Romiette c. The mothers of Romiette and Julio d. Julio’s mother and Romiette’s father
- What scares Malaka enough for her to tell on her fellow gang members? a. The other members rat her out. b. The other members blame her for everything. c. Her mother refuses to pick her up from jail. d. She is threatened with being tried for murder and other things, but as an adult.
- Who continues the search for Romiette and Julio all night and inevitably find them? a. The police b. The female news reporter, Nannette c. The parents of the teenagers d. Ben and Destiny
- What causes Romiette to finally acquiesce and take to the water? a. She gets nervous and accidentally knocks it over. b. The boat is stricken by lightning and begins to burn. c. The water gets too choppy and the boat capsizes. d. Romiette thinks she can swim and abandons the boat.
- What causes Nannette to eventually be forced to leave her job, at which she stunk? a. She declares Romiette and Julio dead and then proceeds to drag the camera man to the bodies. b. She asks a volunteer about the drinks he was serving instead of the search efforts. c. She falls into the mud on live television. d. She follows the families to the hospital.
- What is Romiette in trouble for when she finally regains consciousness? a. For falling in love with Julio b. For giving away one of the puppies c. For talking to Nannette d. For not telling her parents about the gangs
About this Document
Quiz four of four for Romiette and Julio (by Sharon Draper), often read alongside Romeo and Juliet. Uses the material from the novel to quiz students on content, comprehension, and also literary devices and grammar.