Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Tests & Quizzes
Romiette and Julio Quiz 2 of 4
Excerpt From this Document
Romiette and Julio
Quiz Two, Chapters 13-30:
- The line (page 72) “We hit it off so good” should be changed to ______________. a. “We hit it off so bad.” b. “We just hit it off real good.” c. “We were, like, so perfect, and like, stuff.” d. “We hit it off well.”
- Romiette almost made a mistake in an instant message she was sending to Julio. How did she correct it? “…your dumber than I thought you were!” a. Omit “you were” b. Change “dumber” to “dumberer” c. Change “your” to “ur” d. Change “your” to “you’re”
- How can the error from Julio’s instant messaging be fixed? “It must be the Texas hot sauce, because nobody around here even comes close to you in how you make me feel.” (Try not to throw up at the cheesiness!) a. Omit “to you” before “in how” b. Omit “even” from the sentence c. Omit “It must be the Texas hot sauce, because” d. Omit the comma before “because”
- Insert the correct punctuation in the following sentence: “We sat there grinning at each other ignoring the rest of the cafeteria, the rest of the school, the rest of the world. a. Insert a semi-colon after “each other.” b. Insert a comma after “each other.” c. Insert a colon after “each other.” d. Insert a comma after “grinning.”
- Correct the error in the following sentence: “We’d better be careful, or at least plan something just as outrageous for the next time they try to stare us down.” a. Omit the comma in front of “or” b. Add “that” before “they” c. Move “down” in front of “to” d. Change the comma in front of “or” to a semicolon
- What scares Romiette in the cafeteria? a. Julio doesn’t greet Romiette. b. Julio has a present for Romiette. c. A couple of gang bangers come by to stare at them. d. Romiette is worried that Julio won’t be online that night.
- Romiette works _______________________. a. at her father’s television station b. in the cafeteria c. in her mother’s store d. on her nails every night
- What trouble does Romiette run into at work? a. Her mom runs to the bank and leaves Romiette alone. b. And old friend comes into the store to ask about Julio. c. Julio calls and says that he needs help. d. A customer steals some jewelry.
- For what is Julio going to Romiette’s house? a. Julio is going to pick up a puppy. b. Julio is going to meet Romiette’s parents. c. Julio is going to talk to Romiette’s dad about the gangs. d. Julio is going to get his chart read by Destiny.
- Malaka warns Romiette that the Devildogs _____________________. a. are going to beat her up. b. are going to ask her out. c. don’t like that she is dating someone outside of her race. d. don’t like that she is friends with Destiny.
About this Document
Quiz two of four for Romiette and Julio, often read alongside Romeo and Juliet. Uses the material from the novel to quiz students on content, comprehension, and also literary devices and grammar.