Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Pride and Prejudice Teaching Unit
Excerpt From this Document
- Write a character sketch of Wickham. Do you think he is an immoral character? Why?
- What evidence is there that Elizabeth dislikes Darcy because of his pride? What happens that changes her opinion of him?
- In what ways is Mrs. Bennet responsible for Lydia’s elopement?
- Why does Mr. Collins believe Elizabeth will eventually accept his marriage proposal? Why does Darcy also assume the same thing when he proposes to Elizabeth?
- Do you think Mr. Bennet is a good father and husband? Why does Elizabeth disapprove of her father’s behavior toward his wife?
- List the reasons Charlotte marries Mr. Collins. Why does she believe she will be happy with him?
- Which characters in the story can be considered “comical” characters? What do they add to the story?
- What qualities does Darcy believe are necessary for a woman to be truly accomplished? Does Elizabeth measure up to his standards?
- In what sense can Elizabeth be called an idealist?
- What are Darcy’s responsibilities to his tenants and his sister?
- If Darcy had not interfered in Bingley’s relationship with Jane, do you think Elizabeth would have accepted his first marriage proposal? Would she have been as easily fooled by Wickham?
About this Document
A teaching unit and individual learning packet from Prestwick House. Includes the following: comprehensive chapter-by-chapter study guides for students; questions suitable for essay topics or discussion; vocabulary lists; multiple-choice and essay test with answer key; introductory material from Prestwick House to familiarize both students and teachers with the work.