Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Poetry lesson plan - text elements of poetry
Excerpt From this Document
- Topic and Grade Level: text elements of poetry – 5th grade
- Key Learning: As in prose, poetry has definite literary elements such as mood, author’s purpose, and style that can be identified.
- Unit Essential Questions: how do we identify the literary of poetry?
- Assorted books on poetry, notes on poetry, computer, united streaming
Concept: author’s purpose
- Lesson Essential Questions: How does one identify the author’s purpose in poetry?
- Vocabulary: purpose
- Lesson Essential Questions: What strategies can be used to identify the mood of the poem?
- Vocabulary: Mood, feelings
- Lesson Essential Questions: What special words are used to help one see the meaning of a poem?
- Vocabulary: Simile, metaphor, alliteration
About this Document
Use this lesson plan to to introduce poetry concepts and vocabulary to upper elementary students. Includes key learning focus and essential question.