Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
The Outsiders Teaching Unit
Excerpt From this Document
- Explain why this novel is a good example of the Coming-of-Age theme. Support your answer by referring to comments and incidents from the novel.
- Define the following terms and give examples from the novel: Flashback, Metaphor, Allusion, Symbol, Narrator.
- Write a short essay in which you explain how foreshadowing is used in this novel to build interest and suspense.
- Explain how in this novel both the Socs and the greasers are guilty of stereotyping.
- Be prepared to write a one-half page description of each of the major characters in the novel.
- List the major incidents in the plot of this novel and identify those incidents that are part of the Exposition, those that constitute Rising Action, that incident that is the Climax, those that are part of the Falling Action, and that one which is the Resolution.
About this Document
A teaching unit and individual learning packet from Prestwick House. Includes the following: comprehensive chapter-by-chapter study guides for students; questions suitable for essay topics or discussion; vocabulary lists; multiple-choice and essay test with answer key; introductory material from Prestwick House to familiarize both students and teachers with the work.