Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Tests & Quizzes
The Odyssey: Final Exam
Excerpt From this Document
Fill in the Blanks:
- The goddess of love is ___________.
- The god in charge of creating weapons out of metal for the other gods is _____.
- Hades rules the _____.
- When someone dies, to get to Hades they had to cross the River ______.
- Cerberus has three of what? ______
- This where all of the gods and goddesses live: ______
True or False:
- When Athena was born, she popped out of Zeus's head fully dressed and with her armor.
- Apollo is the goddess of the hunt.
- Aphrodite is Cupid's mother.
- The Elysian Fields is where all of the evil and wicked dead go to find their final resting place.
- Odysseus leaves his home in Ithaca because: A.) He has been called by the Gods to lead an army to France B.) He goes to fight in the Trojan War in Troy C.) He and Penelope are not getting along D.) He and Telemachus set out on an adventure E.) He was searching for the buried treasure of Athena
- An epic hero is one who: A.) Is helped by Gods B.) Is killed by Gods C.) Is harmed by Gods D.) A and C only E.) None of the above
- When Odysseus found his men eating the lotus plant, he had to get them back on the ship. Once he got them there he had to do what to them so they wouldn't escape? A.) Tie them under their rowing benches in the boat B.) Put them inside empty wine barrels and seal the barrels shut C.) Put them inside the prison in the bottom of the ship D.) Tie them to their oars E.) Pay them extra gold coins
- The wine the Odysseus gives to Cyclops is: A.) Weak; it does not affect him at all B.) Made from grapes that Odysseus picked himself C.) Strong even when watered down D.) Not really wine; it is actually grape juice E.) Poison and kills Polyphemus
- The fake name that Odysseus give to Polyphemus instead of his real one is: A.) Noone B.) Somebody C.) Everybody D.) Nohbdy E.) Nunca
- When Polyphemus says to his sheep (the one that Odysseus is hiding underneath!), "Oh, had you brain and voice to tell where he may be now, dodging all my fury!" this is an example of: A.) Epic hero B.) Simile C.) Personification D.) Conflict E.) Dramatic Irony
- Aeolus is the wind king, and Odysseus lands on his island. When Odysseus and his men leave, Aeolus gives them a bag full of the "unfavorable, stormy winds"-what happens to this bag? A.) Odysseus trades if for more of the high quality wine B.) His men leave it on the island on accident C.) Odysseus gives it back; it was an unlucky present to receive D.) His men open the bag, letting the winds loose; they are blown back to Aeolus's island E.) His men drop it in the sea, which angers Poseidon
About this Document
Final exam for excerpts from The Odyssey found in McDougall-Littell textbook for 9th graders. Multiple choice, fill in the blank and matching.