Excerpt From this Document
“The Witch Circe” (911 – 913)
Humbly - Politely and without arrogance
Vile - Evil, horrible, poisonous
Fodder - Course or grainy food for livestock
- After sailing from Cyclops’ island, where do Odysseus and his men land?
- What gift does the wind king Aeolus give to Odysseus?
- What happens when the men get curious about this gift?
- How does Odysseus’ men respond to Circe when they first meet her?
- What does Circe do to the men?
- What does Hermes give Odysseus?
- How does Circe respond to Odysseus?
- What task does Circe give to Odysseus before she will free his shipmates?
About this Document
All page numbers refer to Holt, Rinehart, and Winston's ELEMENTS OF LITERATURE (3rd Course).