Excerpt From this Document
Language Arts review
I. Spelling: Choose the word that is written correctly.
- glorios, glorius, glorious, gloriouous
- forbiden, forbidden, frobidden, not here
- sadeness, sadnes, sadness, not here
- civilizasion, civilizazion, cilivization, civilization
- blistre, blistrer, blidter, not here
- improtant, important, importat, not here
- agreeable, agreable, agreeabble, not here
- chapter, chaptter, Chapter, not here
- crimsen, crimson, crimezone, not here
- magnificent, magnifiscent, manificent, not here
What is the root word of the following? Write the root word and then give me an approximate synonym or similar word to what the root means.
- gladness-__________ which means also _________.
- imagine - __________ which means also _________.
- forbidden-__________ which means also __________.
- furious -_____________ which also means ___________.
- powerful-____________ which also means _________________.
III. Answer the following questions from the story “Number the Stars” in complete sentences.
- If you were to introduce Kristi to me, how would you describe her? Remember the way we learned to describe characters in class.
- What problem occurred after Annemarie’s mother, Inge, returned from taking the Jewish people to the boat? How did Annemarie propose to solve the problem?
- What mood do you perceive in the story “Number the Stars”? Why do you think the author chose that mood to write her story?
IV: Grammar Mechanics: USE THE DOL SHEET AND RE-WRITE THE PARAGRAPH ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER. ALSO, ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN COMPLETE SENTENCES.
About this Document
Number the Stars (discussion, pt. 2) and Spelling.