Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Tests & Quizzes
The Miracle Worker Essay Test
Excerpt From this Document
The Miracle Worker Unit Test Part II: Essay
Choose ONE of the following essay questions to answer on your own paper:
- In Act I, Mr. Anagnos tells Annie that she lacks “tact or talent to bend to others.” Do you think this trait helps or hinders Annie’s relationship with Helen? Support your opinions with examples from the play.
- Although Helen is unable to speak, her character is developed through her actions and through the speech and actions of other characters. In your opinion, what are Helen’s most admirable qualities? Use evidence from the play to support your answer.
- Based on your reading of The Miracle Worker, what future relationship would you predict for Annie and Helen? Annie and the Kellers? James and Captain Keller? Use evidence from the play to support your answer.
- Throughout the play, Annie and Captain Keller are in constant conflict over Helen. How do you think the story would be different if Annie had treated Helen the way that Kellers wanted her to? Use evidence from the play to support your answer.
- Many critics think that The Miracle Worker is “anything but a masterpiece”. Why do you think that people dislike this play, especially the ending? If you were Gibson, how would you change the play to make it more appealing to all? Use evidence from the play to support your answer.
About this Document
ESSAY test for the culmination of the unit.