Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Of Mice and Men - Chapter I
Excerpt From this Document
I. Figurative Language and Stylistic Devices
Read the following excerpts from Of Mice and Men and determine what figurative language or stylistic device is being used.
- “…rabbits sat as quietly as little gray, sculptured stones.” (2) __________
- “…a dove’s wings whistled over the water.” (10) __________
- “We’ll let her [the fire] die down.” (16)__________
- “The sycamore leaves whispered in a little night breeze.” (16)__________
Using a dictionary and context clues, give the definition of each word below. You will see these definitions on your unit test.
Look at the descriptions from the text. Identify whom is being discussed and if the description is an example of direct or indirect characterization.
- “The first man was small and quick, dark of face, with restless eyes and sharp, strong features.”
- “ [He] dabbled his big paw in the water and wiggled his fingers so the water arose in little splashes.”
- “ ‘Blubberin’ like a baby! Jesus Christ! A big guy like you!”
About this Document
Reading guide for OF MICE AND MEN that includes multiple choice and short answer questions.