Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Exercises & Activities, Lesson Plans, Teaching Guides, Tests & Quizzes
Little House in the Big Woods Novel Unit
Excerpt From this Document
From the Little House in the Big Woods Novel Unit:
After Chapter 2 Activity:
Laura lived during the pioneer times. These times were very different than the way we live today.
On drawing paper illustrate Laura’s house on one side, and on the other, make an illustration of your house.
On the next page make a comparison chart that lists all the similarities, and all the differences, from the way Laura lived, to the way you live. Using your chart as a reference, write a short paper that discusses the similarities and differences of pioneer life to modern day life.
About this Document
This is a custom written literature unit to be used with Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
This unit is designed to be used with some student/instructor interaction. It can also be revised as an independent study for the student. It is written for the 3-5th grade reading level.
This unit works great in a one-on-one setting for home school or for a teacher to use as a resource in the classroom for a small group or entire class. The unit is designed so that you can start teaching immediately with little to no preparation on your part. Great time saver!
This unit contains:
- Teacher Packet containing detailed daily lesson plans, answer keys, and suggested curriculum connection activities.
- Student Packet containing vocabulary activities, comprehension questions, and extension activities that correlate with the book.
- An Assessment Packet that contains a vocabulary quiz, a comprehension quiz in both a short answer and multiple choice format, and a writing assessment.
- Common Core Standards Alignment for Grades 3-5.
- An After the Book Activity Packet that can be used with any book.
Your purchase allows you to download this lesson plan for one year. This lesson plan is offered in the following file formats: PDF