Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Into the Wild test to page 144
Excerpt From this Document
Into The Wild Test #2 (to pg 144)
Please answer the questions succinctly and directly. You should be able to write complete answers in 3-4 sentences. Do NOT recast the question as part of your answer—just ANSWER.
- What were some of the early influences in Chris McCandless’ life that may have led him to strike out on daring odysseys across the USA?
- What was the family secret that Chris unearthed in his first foray across the USA? How did this affect him?
- On a Friday night in high school, McCandless and his friend go “out on the town”—A) what do they do and B) on what does McCandless spend his $10?
- Name two ways Chris made money when he was younger:
- Name at least three of the extracurricular activities in which Chris wasinvolved while in high school or college:
- What is hubris?
- Of all adventurers Krakauer writes about, other than Krakauer himself, which one has the most excessive amount of hubris? Why?
- How does hubris affect the protagonist in “To Build A Fire”?
- What advice does the protagonist in “To Build A Fire” ignore?
- What does the protagonist want to do to his dog?
The response to this essay question should be very thorough and written at a college level. Pay close attention to word choice, punctuation and grammar. Please use an additional piece of paper if needed.
- If this book is about Chris McCandless, why does Krakauer include achapter about himself in this book? Why does he include accounts ofother Alaskan adventurers?
FAIR WARNING—If you talk about the reader in any way shape or form, you will get a ZERO on this 10-point question. If you recast the question into your answer in any way, shape or form, you will get a ZERO.
About this Document
This is a short answer test with one essay question at the end.