Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Tests & Quizzes
Into the Wild Final Exam
Excerpt From this Document
The statements below are false. Please rewrite them to make them true.
- While in Alaska, McCandless shoots and kills a black bear.
- Starvation was the cause of McCandless’s death, which occurred because of the lack of wild game for him to shoot and kill.
- McCandless enters Alaska with a map and compass, which gets lost as he tries to cross the Teklanika River.
- In Alaska, all hopes of rescue are hopeless as the nearest sign of human life was over 100 miles away.
- In college, McCandless wrote for both the campus literary magazine and the yearbook.
- McCandless found out about his father’s philandering ways while in high school.
- McCandless, after learning about the affair, told his sister. She did not react in the same way he did, and this ruined their brother / sister bond.
- McCandless crafts a handmade, leather vest with all of his adventures embossed in it.
- McCandless’s canoe adventure leads him to the straits surrounding the Alaskan coastline
- According to one of his final notes/journal entries, McCandless leaves a note for his family that, in spite of the time that has passed, is still replete with anger.
- While in college, McCandless and his roommate found they had many similarities and both managed to stay on the honor roll.
Short-answer Essay Questions:
- How does hubris factor into Chris McCandless’s ultimate demise?
- How did you feel about McCandless initially? How did you feel about him at the end of the book?
- How did Billie and Walt feel when visiting the bus where their son died?
- Discuss two techniques that Krakauer uses to persuade his readers to feel positively about McCandless and his adventures. (each technique worth 10 pts. Each)
About this Document
exam, into the wild, final, krakauer