Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Human Capital- Motivating Volunteers
Excerpt From this Document
Human Capital: Motivating Volunteers
Setting up a volunteer program in your school or organization? Be sure you can meet the following needs of your volunteers:
If you want my loyalty, interests, and best efforts, remember that . . .
- I need a sense of belonging.
- I need to have a sense of sharing in planning our objectives.
- I need to feel that goals and objectives are clear and obtainable.
- I need to feel that what I am doing has real purpose and contributes to human welfare
- I need autonomy and collaboration in setting standards for performance.
- I need to know what is expected of me (not a laundry list of “duties”.)
- I need to have challenging responsibilities within my range of interests and abilities.
- I need feedback about my progress.
- I need to be kept informed.
- I need to have good rapport with and confidence in the leadership of the organization.
- I need recognition when it is due.
About this Document
Setting up a volunteer program in your school or organization? Be sure you can meet the following needs of your volunteers.