Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Holes Study Guide Questions
Excerpt From this Document
Chapter 1 (3-4)
- What is Camp Green Lake like?
- What is the town of Green Lake like?
- What is the rule to remember about snakes and scorpions?
- What’s the worst thing to be bitten by?
Chapter 2 (5)
- Who goes to Camp Green Lake?
- What do they do there?
- Was Stanley Yelnets made to go to Camp Green Lake?
Chapter 3 (6-10)
- What does Stanley look like?
- Why did Stanley’s great-great Grandfather have a curse on him?
- Does Stanley believe in curses and bad luck?
- Who did Stanley’s family blame for everything that went wrong?
- What is unusual about Stanley’s name?
- What does Stanley’s father do?
- Even though Stanley’s family had bad luck, how did they act?
- A famous outlaw robbed Stanley’s great-great grandfather; who was it?
Chapter 4 (11-15)
- Why did Mr. Sir eat sunflower seeds?
- How many bags of sunflower seeds does he eat a week?
- How many sets of clothing is Stanley given?
- What color is the clothing Stanley is given?
- Why doesn’t Camp Green Lake need fences to keep the boys in?
Chapter 5 (16-20)
- What tent is Stanley in?
- How did Mr. Pendanski say to remember his name?
- What is Mr. Pendanski’s nickname?
- Why do the boys call Mr. Pendanski that name?
Chapter 6 (21-25)
- What sport did Clyde “Sweet Feet” Livingston play?
- How did “Sweet Feet” get that nickname?
- How did Stanley get “Sweet Feet’s” sneakers?
- What was unusual about the sneakers?
- Who was supposed to have these sneakers?
Chapter 7 (26-40)
- What is meant by the phrase, “You’re not in the Girl Scouts...”?
- How did carrying the pig help the great-great grandfather?
- How is sweating good for you?
- Where do the boys go to the restroom when they are digging?
- What do the boys always do when they finish digging a hole?
Chapter 8 (41-42)Chapter 9 (43-47)
- Why did Stanley like the cold, short shower?
- Why did the door to the recreation room say WRECK room?
- Why did Xray say that digging a hole is fun?
- Why did Stanley’s letter to his Mom make it sound like a real camp?
- What letter did “Sweet Feet’s” shoes have on them?
Chapter 10 (48-51)
- Why was Stanley so achy?
- Before the sun came up, Stanley didn’t wear his hat. Why did he HAVE to put it on after the sun came up?
- Why did the hat have a cloth sewn on the back of it?
Chapter 11 (52-54)
- Does Xray see very well?
- Why does Xray want to have Stanley tell him first if he finds anything?
- Does the biggest boy usually become the leader? What kind of boy usually becomes the leader?
- Why does Stanley like the nickname Caveman?
- Who id the biggest boy in the group now?
- Xray is pig-Latin for what name?
About this Document
Chapter questions for Holes by Louis Sachar