Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Exercises & Activities
100 Social Studies Vocabulary Words
Excerpt From this Document
Social Studies Critical Vocabulary
Students will show mastery of 100 essential Social Studies vocabulary words so that students better understand the concepts and skills involved with the Indiana State Standards for Social Studies.
- Students will be presented with a pre-test involving 100 critical vocabulary words from the Core 40 classes.
- Throughout the trimester, students will be checked 6 times on 15 randomly picked vocabulary words, with the score recording as a homework grade.
- At the end of the trimester, students will need to show mastery with a posttest which will be the only score that will be recorded as a test grade.
- Students can test out of the post-test by obtaining a perfect score on the pre-test or obtaining perfect scores on 3 consecutive checks.
- Since all Social Studies classes will be using the same vocabulary list,students who have more than one Social Studies class in a trimester will only take and use their scores from the class they have first in their schedule.
- No vocabulary checks will be made up if a student is absent. Students who have an excused absence on a vocabulary check day will have their next check count double to replace the missed one. If the student has an excused absence on the last check, then the previous check score will be used. Students who have an unexcused absence during a vocabulary check day will receive no homework points.
- Students trying to obtain 3 consecutive perfect checks must be present and actually take the check for it to count towards passing out of the post-test. Details of this process is left up to individual teachers.
- Students are responsible for filling out the Social Studies Vocabulary Tracker as a reflection and recording of their progress.
Notice: Each Social Studies teacher has the right to change or edit any part of the process to fit his or her schedule and student maturity level.
The following web site and directions can be used to help students study for the Test: www.quizlet.com
- Go to Quizlet home page and sign up; make sure to fill in all items andcheck the “agree with the terms of service” box then click on Sign Up
- The next page will be the Welcome Page; click on How to Get Started
- On the “How to Get Started” page, click on My Groups then do a search for “Wawasee”
- Of the items found, click on 2007-2008 Wawasee Social Studies Vocabulary. DO NOT use “Wawasee Social Studies Vocabulary” created by Mr. Taylor – that is the list from last year and it is NOT current!
- Once on the 2007-2008 page, click on Join this Group and it will take you to the group sets page.
- From here, you can review any set by clicking on the set title, then using the blue squares titled Familiarize, Learn, and Test. (Sets are organized by class vocabulary lists)
- The next time you log on, the 2007 2008 group should already be in your account.
About this Document
Here is the paper guideline used by each teacher in our Social Studies department.