Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Tests & Quizzes
Grammar PreTest & Key
Excerpt From this Document
Circle the NOUNS/noun phrases in the sentences below.
- The quick brown cow jumped over the lazy cat.
- The Declaration of Independence entitles men to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
Circle the PRONOUNS in the sentences below.
- “Stop it!” she yelled at her little brother as he continued to pull her hair.
- The day was so beautiful that they hoped it would last forever.
- We are responsible for our own actions in every situation.
Circle the VERBS/verb phrases in the sentences below.
- Running as fast as she could, Julie barely won first place.
- We like people because of who they are, but we love people although they have flaws.
- The wheels on the bus go round and round.
Circle the ADJECTIVES in the sentences below.
- The quick brown cow jumped over the many lazy cats lounging in the green grass.
- The little piggy went “wee!” all the way home.
Circle the ADVERBS in the sentences below.
- Many explorers often claim to be the “first” to discover something.
- I am very sleepy today.
Circle the PREPOSITIONS/prepositional phrases in the sentences below.
- We had to go over the bridge and through the woods to get to the little house.
- The book is under the desk by the tree.
- After the meal, but before bedtime, I like to read a few chapters of a book.
Circle the CONJUNCTIONS in the sentences below.
- The train and the boat left, but the bus stayed in place.
- Although she loves purple, she decided to choose green instead.
- Not only do I cook, but also I bake.
Circle the INTERJECTIONS in the sentences below.
- Holy cow! What in the world was that?
- I got an “A”? Hell, yeah!
Use the space provided under each question to legibly write your answer.
- Write one SIMPLE SENTENCE in the space below.
- Write one COMPOUND SENTENCE in the space below.
- Write one COMPLEX SENTENCE in the space below.
- Write one COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCE in the space below.
- In the space below, write one rule for using commas properly.
About this Document
This checks how familiar students are with the eight parts of speech, as well as with the types of syntax.