Excerpt From this Document
- What evidence shows Jonas does not fully understand what happens when an old person is released?
- How does the Community control sexuality? What are their rules concerning nudity?
- Which of the rules are “almost always” broken without any punishments? What is the worst punishment possible for breaking a rule?
- On the surface, the Nurturers seem to be bending over backwards to help Gabe. What is fundamentally wrong, by our standards, with the way the Community evaluates new children?
- Many cultures have a ceremony to mark the end of childhood, making the adolescent years less chaotic and confusing than they are in our society. Do you agree or disagree with the concept of trained adults helping the young people select their careers? Are the volunteer hours a good idea?
- In what ways might the “release” of the old benefit the Community? What are the dangers of this policy?
- How does the author let the reader know that the climate of the Community is artificially controlled? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this idea?
About this Document
A teaching unit and individual learning packet from Prestwick House. Includes the following: comprehensive chapter-by-chapter study guides for students; questions suitable for essay topics or discussion; vocabulary lists; multiple-choice and essay test with answer key; introductory material from Prestwick House to familiarize both students and teachers with the work.