Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Exercises & Activities, Lesson Plans, Teaching Guides, Tests & Quizzes
Frindle Novel Unit
Excerpt From this Document
From the Frindle Novel Unit:
After the Book Activity:
Choose an everyday item and create a new name for it like Nick did with a pen/frindle. Write about your item’s new name and explain why you have chosen it. On the following page create an advertisement for your item. Make sure that your ad shows a clear picture of your item and the new name. Make the advertisement colorful and interesting so people’s attention will be drawn to it. Display your ad around the school. Listen and see if people start to change what they call the item to your new name!
About this Document
This is a custom written literature unit to be used with Frindle by Andrew Clements.
This unit is designed to be used with some student/instructor interaction. It can also be revised to be used as an independent study for the student. It is written for the 4-6th grade reading level.
This unit works great in a one-on-one setting for homeschool or for a teacher to use as a resource in the classroom for a small group or entire class. The unit is designed so that you can start teaching immediately with little to no preparation on your part. Great time saver!
This unit contains:
- Teacher Packet containing detailed daily lesson plans, suggested spelling list, answer keys, and suggested curriculum connection activities.
- Student Packet containing vocabulary activities and comprehension questions for each chapter.
- An Assessment Packet that contains a vocabulary quiz, an end of the book test in both a short answer and multiple choice format, and an end of the book writing assessment.
- Common Core Standards Alignment for Grades 4-6.
- An After the Book Activity Packet that can be used with this unit or any book.
Your purchase allows you to download this lesson plan for one year. This lesson plan is offered in the following file formats: PDF