Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Exercises & Activities
Flim Questions for Romeo and Juliet (1996 version)
Excerpt From this Document
Romeo and Juliet: Movie Viewing Guide~ Baz Luhrmann Version
- What is “wrong” with the prologue of the movie?
- What is noticeably different about the setting of this version of the play?
- How is the opening fight shown in the film?
- How is the dialogue between the Montagues and Capulets different than the play?
- How does Luhrmann set the tone and mood of the film?
- What do Romeo and Benvolio do while Romeo tells Benvolio about Rosaline?
- What happens during the “Queen Mab” speech? How is it and Mercutio different?
- What does Mercutio give Romeo? What does this add to the “masquerade” scene?
- How is Capulet’s feast shown in the film?
- How is the portrayal of Paris different in this act?
- How do Romeo and Juliet get together to talk? Where do Romeo and Juliet have their first kiss? What is different about the physical portrayal of this scene and the actions and Romeo and Juliet?
- Balcony Scene: List the characteristics of each scene (How is it portrayed? Why might the director have done it this way?) Then decide which one is closest to the original version. a. Franco Zeferelli b. Baz Luhrmann
- What token does Juliet give Romeo?
- How is Father Lawrence shown in the film? How does this affect his character?
- How is the wedding shown?
- What does Mercutio tell Benvolio on the beach?
- How does Mercutio die? What are the physical and emotional differences from the play?
- How does Tybalt die? What are the physical and emotional differences from the play? How is Romeo different in this scene?
- What surprising items decorate Juliet’s room?
- How is the wedding night shown?
- How does Juliet react to her father’s marriage arrangements? Is this scene portrayed the way you pictured it? What is different?
- What happens to Father Lawrence’s letter to Romeo? Is this a good modern interpretation?
- How is Juliet’s taking the potion shown in the film?
- What happens in the morning?
- How is Juliet’s funeral shown?
- What happens when Romeo gets to the tomb? What events are different or missing from the play?
- What is different about the timing and location of the death scene?
- How does the play end? What is the same? What is different?
About this Document
Questions by Act for the 1996 version of Romeo and Juliet